Re: [OM] eBay ID's

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay ID's
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:45:04 -0800
If you want, of course, you can just search by bidder's email address on eBay and find out if someone is on eBay and what their ID is, assuming they use the same email address on eBay as they do on the list.

e.g. go to <http://pages.ebay.com/search/items/search_bidder.html> and put in josh@xxxxxxxxx and you'll find out that I'm jmputnam and that I don't have bids in on any current auctions.

I know that on another mailing list I used to frequent, someone once did this for all the addresses on the mailing list, using a script, and spammed all the eBay users on the list about upcoming auctions.

--
          josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
            http://www.phred.org/~josh/