Re: [OM] Velvia..

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia..
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:47:17 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:17:59 -0000, Donald MacDonald wrote:

>But when people like Andy Rouse and
>Laurie Campbell are producing hideous, oversaturated (IMHO) shots, I am
>happy to stick with Kodachrome.

That's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors. I like Velvia and E-100VS
for my crop/ag shots. The saturated blues and greens bring out the
things I want to bring out.Its like how a friend of mine described
her favorite lipstick "like me, only better".

That said, its not for everybody nor for every shot. I tend to shoot
extremes. I either go saturated, Infrared, or Black and White
(tri-X). The only exceptions to this are the occasional color
assignment (Fuji Press 800) or the VERY occasional color portrait
(NPS 160).
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co