Re: [OM] OM OT "The LOOK"

Subject: Re: [OM] OM OT "The LOOK"
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:02:51 -0500
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 8:42 AM +1300 3/10/02, Brian Swale wrote:

[snip rant about women and the attitudes behind THE LOOK]
This may of course just bring on another attack of "put down the male". And I
have no answer that fits in, except to stand up for your rights to respect and
to have an interest in what you believe in; and take the flak. But, here my
limitations let me down and I don't know what could be best for others.

Am I the only one who found this (and some of the discussion preceding it)
seriously insulting both to women photographers and to (most of) the women
with whom the predominantly male bunch of photographers on this list may
have decided to share their lives?

Of course, I'm probably biased because here it's usually my spouse who
says, "Wow, that looks really good, let's make a big print and frame it."
But really, when you wonder why people say misogyny is still rampant...

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx