Re: [OM][OT] yashica - was nuts....and other stuff.....

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] yashica - was nuts....and other stuff.....
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:43:14 EST
The good thing is, if you have a battery or two, you'll be OK for a while,
since they last a couple of years. keep a spare or two in the fridge and
you'll be fine. About two years ago, someone told me Radio Shack had them,
but when I checked my area, which has about 8 stores, I only found 2, they
were being closed-out. They were even marked DOWN to $1.99!  Who knows, there
may still be one all the way in the back of the battery rack in some of those
stores. There's also a newer version of the battery that's alkaline, I think
(32A). Others also tell me that GSN and GTN exposures will be fine with any
voltage from 4-6+V , but I can't verify that. There's the web site-
yashica-guy.com that touts a do-it-yourself battery replacement solution that
he sells for $15. Details, as to what exactly it is, are not stated on the
web site.

George S.