RE: [OM] Australian OM servicing

Subject: RE: [OM] Australian OM servicing
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:51:31 +1100
Andrew wrote:

> if there's a problem but, in the words of one camera tech I spoke to -
> "What's wrong with it?"
> "Nothing - just needs a check over."
> "Then leave well alone until it NEEDS fixing!"

Fair comment.  What I normally do when I get a "new" body/lens/flash is take
a series of shots on transparency film under a variety of conditions, low
light, full sunlight, large aperture/high shutter speed, small aperture/low
shutter speed, auto, manual, etc.  Keep good notes of what you have done and
you should be able to identify most problems fairly easily.  If you don't
find any problems, no need for CLA.  The main reason I have had CLAs done on
OM bodies is that I thought it convenient to have it done while the body has
been in for foam replacement.

...Wayne