[OM] [OT] Tarnished copies

Subject: [OM] [OT] Tarnished copies
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:47:25 -0500
The games were humming along as they usually do when something happened.
People took notice. Why? Because something was stolen. Well, not really
stolen, but aquired incorrectly. It seemed that for so long, one team had
such a legacy of winning an event that their judges and backers thought they
should have the gold this year too - even though they didn't earn it. Their
team's performance was imperfect. Oh, they tried very hard. But another team
performed perfectly. Flawlessly. This other upstart team had surely earned
the gold. But through collusion and unfair tactics, the silver was given to
the better performers. An uproar was heard the world over. How could this
happen? This must not happen. We must fix it. And so it was. The team whose
performance deserved gold, recieved it. And what of the other team? Oh, they
still have the gold that was awarded. They were told they could keep it. But
somehow, the pirated gold doesn't have the same lustre. Nor do their owners.

There's been such a buzz about it that now the whole thing is just old. We
should give it a rest. It's OFF-TOPIC.

Mickey