Re: [OM] Introduction

Subject: Re: [OM] Introduction
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:02:50 -0500
It might be an safety advantage for the crew to be armed!
Or to be able to fix stuff coming apart.

Tom

On Friday, February 15, 2002 at 17:37, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] Introduction" saying:

> Welcome, Amiruddin!
>
> I hope you find some pleasure in this list, because you guys sure are in a
> tough spot right now. I can never figure why the flight crew is subject to
> the same restrictions as the passengers. As one U.S. pilot pointed out as the
> security detail broke off the nail file part of his nail clippers and then
> handed the clipper part back to him, he wouldn't need the nail file in order
> to crash the plane. (They hauled him off and charged him with federal crimes,
> he spent at least a couple of days in jail while the charges were filed).

What idiots some security guards are. But what do you expect when you hand
minimum wage workers power without responsibility, and then have them
inconvenience people all day long, who then aren't so happy with them.

> I have this neat working pen, that when you pull off the top half, it
> exposes a 5" long surgical steel dagger...that would make a nice weapon
> for you guys.... oh, nevermind, before I get in trouble... <g>....
>
> George S.
>
> amiruddinshah743@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > I am a Flight Engineer on the B747 working for Japan Airlines but based in
> > Singapore. I do get to fly to the states rather often though. Flying now is
> > hard work even for the cockpit crew. We are subjected to the same
> > restrictions as passengers regarding hand carried items. No working tools
> > e.g. screw drivers, are allowed. The only weapon allowed are the all
> > reliable CROSS pens.
> > My thanks, Amiruddin.

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714