RE: [OM] 17" Flat Panel or 21" Trinitron for Zuiko Images

Subject: RE: [OM] 17" Flat Panel or 21" Trinitron for Zuiko Images
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:55:25 -0700
> I don't know whether your Dell is like a Mac, but if it is you could
> use a smaller LCD for everyday  use and also plug in a CRT for
> critical PhotoShop use.

 You can do this on PCs, but you need either two graphics cards, or a 'dual
head' graphics card. Either way works, but you might find that some graphics
cards don't like to play nicely with a second card in the system, so it'd be
worth checking first.

 Is this useful? well, I write code all day, and I honestly don't think I
could live without the second monitor now -- somewhere to put the debugger
while testing apps/put the docs/etc. If all I was doing was editing photos,
it would be less critical, but I see the attraction of putting all the
floating tools out of the way, too.

 Careful.. once you've tried it, you can't go back..

 -- dan