[OM] Ag Snozz's suggestion

Subject: [OM] Ag Snozz's suggestion
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:20:17 -0800
I lost the post but wanted to comment on the idea of how to do indoor flash
photography at events.
That is to get a f stop that gives you 1/15 sec. and use TTL to shut off the
flash at 1/60.  That would result in a 2 stop under exposure for the
background.
I never thought of it that way and it really gives you some idea of what the
ambient light will do.  Of course a 1/30 sec ambient light reading will give
you a 1 stop underexposure for the background but the ambient light could
affect the flash
exposure a bit more as in too green (fluorescent) or too yellow (tungsten)I
think 2 stops would do just fine.

Charlie