Re: [OM] Bringing back the eSIF: Theory and Practice

Subject: Re: [OM] Bringing back the eSIF: Theory and Practice
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:16:16 -0800 (PST)
Another possibility.

Someone, buys a cable modem with a bidness account
from Time Warner. He slaps a P II or maybe a P III
machine there with a permanent IP address.

Install Linux and Apache (a free HTML server package)
and the e-SIF HTML package.

How does this good samaritan pay for this? Donations.

If there was obvious abuse then people could pay for
membership. (I do understand that this is self
defeating. How many membership payments equal a CD?)

I have a friend that hosts his own web site in this
fashion. His site is full and plus his hobbies lie
elswhere, but there seems no reason why we can't host
our own website this way.