Re: [OM] De plan! De plan!

Subject: Re: [OM] De plan! De plan!
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:45:20 -0800
Well, your experience parallels the results of Gary's tests. The 1000mm doesn't look any better. My Meade telescope used as a 1000mm f/11 is certainly more manageable and probably takes better pics.

Moose

James N. McBride wrote:

Isn't that 1000mm Oly a long thing! I've never used one or known anyone who
has. I suppose the image quality is good but it surely is slow at f-11. It
would be a little bulky to take on a cruise though. The 350mm f-2.8 with 1.4
and 2x extenders is a better setup but still heavy...just shorter. Pricey
though. I bought a 600mm Oly once and it was a piece of crap that wouldn't
focus sharply past about 60 feet. Luckily I got my money back but was out a
bunch of shipping costs.