Re: [OM] Bodies, lenses & the works

Subject: Re: [OM] Bodies, lenses & the works
From: Sebastian Büttner <buettner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:27:08 +0100
Hello Olympus List,

being new on your superb list and in the beginners state of becoming a
zuikoholic, I also came across this ebay auction. My guess is that an
OM-collector is in trouble or has lost his collection to a creditor. But
make your own guesses.

Maybe it helps to translate what he writes, because it is in German only (I
try my very best english, my comments are in {}):

******beginning of my translation*******

For Professionals and Collectors...!!!
The biggest, nearly complete OLYMPUS-{OM-}equipment (like new) that was ever
offered for sale!
OLYMPUS SLR (Single Lens Reflex) - Cameras:  OM1n, OM2n, OM3 (black), OM4Ti.
OLYMPUS Zuiko lenses:  21mm (F2,0), 24mm (F2,8), Macro-38mm (F2,8), 50mm
(F1,4), 50mm-Macro (F2,0), 90mm (F2,0), 180mm (F2,8), 300mm (F4,5),
500mm-Mirror (F11,0), 600mm (F6,5), 1000mm (F11,0).
Other lenses for OLYMPUS:   Vivitar Series I 70-210mm (F3,5) + Vivitar 2x
Converter.
OLYMPUS Accessories:  2 Motordrive2, 3 rechargeable battery packs für MD2, 1
Winder2, 1 250 Film-Back, 1 Filmloader,  4 {250 Film}Magazines, 1 Bellows, 1
Filmholder, 1 Slide-Copy-holder, several Battery-chargers, 3 T32,  1 T45
(plus 2 Rechargeables plus charger), 1 Ring-Flash, 1 special flash
{Zagenblitz, whatever that may be} etc. (all Olympus TTL-flashes are there),
TTL-Autocord (6 different lengths), several flash filters, Quartz-device{for
MD? for flashes?}, Battery-packs (several), 11 finder-screens, 1
vari-magni-finder, 2 eyecaps (plus 2 little extensions), mains adaptor,
diverse filters for the lenses (see above!), etc.  ... all in aluminum-cases
(Rimowa or original Olympus)!
PLUS ... several professional tripods (Slik, HAMA, Cullmann, etc.), bags
(Olympus, Cullmann, etc.), straps (Olympus), etc.
ORIGINAL PRICE of the whole set =  ca. DEM 56.000,- (ca. Euro 28.600,-)
The set includes original packaging (most of them there), manuals
(complete), guarantee certificates (complete), etc.
Delivery only personally in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands,
Belgium and Luxemburg. My wish is, that the buyer convinces himself. My
travel expenses are 0,30 Euro/km (from Aschaffenburg {near Frankfurt} to ?)
plus 300 Euro. The buyer can also come here, then there are no expenses. In
addition to ebay-terms the buyer will receive a contract of sale. The gear
is offered only complete - but nonetheless we can talk about everything.
For more details / questions / etc. please contact the seller!

*********end of my translation***********

The original text can be found at:
http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1331050489

I would like to mention that I have no connection whatsoever with the seller
and have no idea who it is. I just thought it would be helpful to get the
message around among zuikoholics...

With best regards,

Sebastian Buettner

P.S.: George, what is a B.S. detector???

*********George S. wrote:

MMMmmm...  ZERO on the feedback, he just changed his eBay name... my B.S.
detector just beeped.... I can't read the description or the condition, but
the list does seem to be too good. Did a camera store go belly-up or are
these stolen goods? How does a guy with zero feedback get someone to hand
over $15,000??!!