[OM] Spots on negs and new Digital Olympus cameras

Subject: [OM] Spots on negs and new Digital Olympus cameras
From: mcd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:59:40 -0500
Chris,

 I have found that it is ESSENTIAL to mix photo-flow solution using distilled
water. As soos as I started to do this, all my problems with pinpoint white
dots on my negatives/prints went away. I also tend to use slightly less of the
Photo-flo concentrate than recommended. I usually don't even have to wipe my
negatives after I hang them. It also helps if you don't stir up a lot of dust
in the area where your are going to hang the wet negatives. I have rarely seen
problems with "air bells", air bubbles stuck to the film during processing, but
make sure that you use a pre-wet of water prior to developer, and don't forget
to rap the tank as everyone suggested, it's good advice.

As for the new Digital camera that everyone is talking about, I have a sad
feeling that we are in for a dissapointment. I have no facts, but just a hunch,
that this will be an advanced amateur camera. Even if it has interchangeable
lenses and a great multi spot metering system, the proof in the pudding will be
in how long the shutter release lag time is, and what the burst rate will be.
Every Digital camera that I have used with the exception of the AP digital
cameras, the Nikon D1's and the Kodak/Cannon's have an unacceptable shutter
release lag. Pressing the shutter can sometimes seem like using the self timer.
I am currently testing a Nikon Coolpix 5000. It's an amazing imaging tool, with
a nice big 5 megapixel chip. Press the shutter, wait for it to focus, and then
wait for it to make the "exposure". It's too slow for most photogrpahy
involving moving subjects. Its great for a lot of other things.

I prayed for a digital OM body, and I still do, but I think that we shall be
unanswered in the near future.

Mike

(please let me be wrong)!