Re: [[OM] Semi-OT: getting into MF _super_ cheap?]

Subject: Re: [[OM] Semi-OT: getting into MF _super_ cheap?]
From: Craig Cunningham <craig.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
Date: 4 Feb 2002 23:25:43 CST
Dan,

I haven't taken the plunge yet, but there's a lot of people out there that
make quite a bit of use of the Holga 120. In fact, be sure to check out some
of the photo galleries -- I'm amazed at some of the pictures being taken with
this plastic piece of junk!  :-)

Here are some of the URLs I've found regarding Medium Format Toy Cameras:

http://home.twcny.rr.com/baddog/holga/
http://www.apogeephoto.com/july2001/plastic_fantastic.shtml
http://www.toycamera.com/
http://www.geocities.com/markhahn2000/holga_mods.html
http://www.theworkshops.com/resource/frames/holgaframe.html
http://www.frontiernet.net/~moe/TOYPAGES/holgamain.html

With this much info out there, I agree a Holga 120 seems like a must to me
also. BTW, if you want to avoid the light leaks and winding problems, check
out the first URL -- this guy actually modifies them (tweaks/improves them)
for a hobby.

I'll probably buy one as soon as I can say that I'm fully making use of all
the Zuiko/Oly equipment I've accumulated in the past 12 months -- this
Zuikoholism is one nasty ailment.

  - Craig

"Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone tried the Holga 120? CDN$34.95 for a new 6x4.5 body+lens; web
pages claim it leaks light, doesn't wind the film properly, vignettes all to
heck, but still, for that little money it seems like a must to me..

 Comments? Any experience of these out there?

 -- dan