[OM] That Retro Thang

Subject: [OM] That Retro Thang
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:52:07 -0600
I stopped in at University Camera in Iowa City to see if they had a FM3A in
stock.  Well, of course not, since they would have gone out of business years
ago if they tried to sell anything other than accessories, one-hour
processing, some P&S bodies, and some used gear.  But God love 'em, they are
survivors.

Anyway, I was really looking for a used never-ready case and they had a
well-used but decent *brown* one.  It's the same size and shape as the common
soft, crushed leather black ones, but this one is smooth and fairly light
brown, almost tan. It looks like it probably had an OM-2 in it because there
was a film tab holder impression in the felt liner.

I think a chrome OM-1/2, with silvernose 50/1.8, and brown never-ready case
looks *pretty darn* retro. I gotta get some spats.

Joel W.