Re: [OM] Filters-- Do you use it?

Subject: Re: [OM] Filters-- Do you use it?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 07:12:02 -0800 (PST)
A particular nature photographer writer described this swamp
monster rising up and wiping a muddy finger across your beloved
lens.

If I'm around swamp monsters then I'll put "protective" filters
on the lens.  Otherwise, I let them go naked.  After all, that's
what lenscaps are for.

However, it probably wouldn't hurt to use a few lenscaps when
I'm shooting weddings and events.  I'm switching between lenses
fast and furious and the lenses pretty much get tossed into the
bag without either cap in place.  They go into their own
cubbyhole, and I do keep the bag clean.  One reason why I like
the IS-3.

Most importantly, if I put filters on my lenses, the silver
noses wouldn't show.  Can't have that.

AG-Schnozz