[OM] RE: Shutter lag

Subject: [OM] RE: Shutter lag
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:20:20 EST
I have found that the OM-1, OM-2 and OM-4t are, for my purposes fast enough to
fire the shutter.  The issue of AF and shutter release lag is illustrated by my
4040 digital.  When photographing my 2 yr old grand daughter it is often too
slow to catch the "fleeting" moment; and believe me a 2yr old has lots of
"fleeting" moments.  The 4040 will allow one to lock the focus, but that
doesn't work for a moving target like a small child.

So, while I enjoy the many positive attributes of the digital/AF camera, I
still more than appreciate the overall qualities of the manual focus OM series.

I just got an authentic OLY strap from C.H. LING on Evil Bay so that I can
carry around my "Old" manual focus OM-1 with my smallest lens (a 28/2.8)and
make a fashion statement at Starbucks.  And, the strap(s) come with the
original boxes which I can put in the vault with other OLY artifacts.  Should
be fun!

Dave Dougherty

Dave Dougherty