Re: [OM] Sick Puppies?

Subject: Re: [OM] Sick Puppies?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:26:25 -0500
I also collect fountain pens and there are huge numbers of fountain pen collectors who buy MIB Limited Edition pens and keep them in the vault. I'm positive that every obsession has this "dark side".

But John's right, the Leica nuts are WAY out of control. They trade shrink-wrapped boxes back and forth, many of them selling for >$10,000. In fact, I KNOW that many of these items are X-Rayed prior to money changing hands to ensure that the item is-in-fact intact and the shrink wrap hasn't been replaced!

Skip