Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:25:48 -0800 (PST)
The OM-4T I have is perhaps the most solid of the OM's
I've used (never held a 3 series yet). Followed very
closely by my OM-1n, then my mothers 2n.   I have an
OM-4 that doesn't 'feel' as solid. Finally my mother's
OM-10 feels really flaky compared to the single digit
OM's (although this OM-10 doesn't feel nearly as flaky
as a lot of wonderbricks I've held.

Mark Lloyd

--- Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yo,
>
> Well, all I can say is that my OM-2 cameras (1 x 2,
> 2 x 2n) feel more
> solid and the mechanics way smoother than my OM-4,
> which, to me, is a
> sign of better build quality. I've never trusted my
> OM-4 or the OM-2s
> I once tested for a while as much as my 2(n)s. My 2
> OM-1s feel just
> like the OM-2(n)s which, however, have the advantage
> of offering both
> manual and auto modes.
> Plus, the 2(n)s are ideal for long time available
> darkness exposures
> (my favorite shots).
> While I like using the 4, I'd never rely on it as
> much as on my 2(n)s.
>

> MtFbwy,
> Volkhart
Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >