Re: [OM] Pingpong balls

Subject: Re: [OM] Pingpong balls
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:26:39 -0800
On Sunday, January 27, 2002 at 9:22, Sue Pearce <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] Pingpong balls" saying:

 > You could also cut a ping pong ball in half, glue it to a filter
 > ring, and put random black dots with a pen on the inside until the
 > reading matches the reading from a gray card.  Fits better in a
 > gadget bag.
 > --
 > Winsor Crosby
 > Long Beach, California

 Winsor,
 that is weird, if anything... ;-)

 Someone used to make a hemisphere on a filter ring, to make a TTL camera
 into an incident meter. Don't know how well it worked, but an incident meter
 is still the best for 900f most people's photography. Bill Pearce

That is still available, I saw it last year.

But I think spot metering handles all my negative work very well.
Maybe for transparencies, incident meters are better.

tOM

Before I got my OM4T I used incident light metering a lot. It is really useful if your only other meter measures a large area. Now with spot metering I use incident measures only occasionally in particularly difficult situation, mostly in close focus situations.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California