RE: [OM] o-rings in viewfinder? (was: OM-1N, metering way off)

Subject: RE: [OM] o-rings in viewfinder? (was: OM-1N, metering way off)
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:33:18 -0700
> The prism is held in place with spring pressure, so it's possible. It
> would be pretty poor workmanship. On the 2 cameras I have open for prism
> replacement, it is brown, but I'm no pro and don't know what colors
> it may have come in or what it looks like through the viewfinder
> if it gets under the edge of the prism. If that's all it is, it's easy
> and quick to fix.

 Hm. It certainly could be a wire at the right, and it's the same colour
(which could well be brown, the lighting  on it's not that great) on the
left-hand side; it seems very much like a loop on the left, but then again I
can't see where it vanishes into.

 How do I take the top off? And before I start unscrewing stuff, when you
say 'easy and quick to fix', does this mean easy to fix if you're me, or
easy to fix if you're a repairman? I'm reasonably mechanically competent,
but at the same time I really don't want to end up sitting in front of a
pile of springs and gears..

 thanks!

 -- dan