Re: [OM] Tripod recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod recommendations
From: "Kerry Frohling" <kfrohling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:28:11 -0800
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I need a tripod.  I looked at the Sliks and the Bogens.  Bogens were vastly
superior, but the Sliks were superior in price..  I'm a poor poor student..
Any recommendations besides these two I should look at?

I've used a Slik U212 for years. It has been quite sturdy with the exception of the plastic tilt-pan head, which was broken by some rough baggage handlers (fortunately on the way *back* from Kenya). I've since replaced the tilt-pan head with a Slik Pro 800 ballhead. All things considered, I like my Slik. If I could get a Bogen 3021 leg set and a decent head for the same money, I'd be using Bogen, but for the money Slik is a good deal.

Kerry Frohling
Fullerton, California USA