Re: [OM] Skewed Frames

Subject: Re: [OM] Skewed Frames
From: "k.matsumoto" <matsumoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:04:04 +0900
> Does anybody else have an OM-2S with this problem?
>
> I've seen this for a long time, but finally got around to asking
> about it.

Some of my cameras produce skewed frames too, but very slightly. I
notice this when I scan the films and I always have to trim the four
edges of each image in a width of few pixels, in addition to cutting
off the margins. The edges are usually not clean anyway, even if
they weren't skewed.

I examined my OM-2SP and the opening was perfectly square. But the
distance between the upper and lower film guide rails is 36 mm and
has a slight play. When I tested with a piece of film, it seemed
that the film can be easily skewed for about 1 or 2 degrees while
staying between the rails.

I've seen this too for a long time but I never minded.

kazuya matsumoto