Re: [OM] Last Sunday Samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Last Sunday Samples
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:27:49 -0800
In a message dated 1/22/2002 Jon Wichman writes:

<< Very nice indeed!  I noticed that sample2 is posted at a lower
resolution.

Was it taken that way, cropped or, is there no particular reason? >>

Thank you! I just opened them both and they are the same on my screen.
Strange...

None of the digital shots have been altered in any way (yet). What
appears in the QCUSA Thunderhill 2002 galleries are as they came right
out of the camera. All were shot at maximum resolution. Most were saved
in 4:1 JPEG mode. Some (the 32MB card I used when my pair of 128MB cards
filled up) were saved at 8:1.

One cool feature on the E-10 is the ability to set the pixel dimensions
and compression settings yourself. On my camera I have all modes set for
maximum resolution, just varying degrees of compression (with 4:1 being
my standard until I get more memory storage).

I am much happier with the results from last Sunday than I was the first
time I tried the camera at the track (which was only 4 days after I
bought it). It makes for a very nice supplement to my film shooting
(which I still prefer the results of, but I am enjoying my new toy <g>).

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com