Re: [OM] Life for Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Life for Zuikos
From: David Lee <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:45:52 -0000
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:20:43 +0100 (CET)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Rob van der Heijden wrote:

> What a fun idea,
> I didn't know you could do fun stuff like that with a digital camera. I'm
> gonna try fiting an old makinon (using a perfectly well zuiko just isn't
> apropriate) lens to my digicam as soon as I get home.
> Rob

You know, you can do this operation without altering the zuiko in any
ways, right? Two Cokin lens-rings and some epoxy-glue (and perhaps a
step-up ring) and you have a versatile setup. If you use two 49mm
Cokin-rings, you can even reverse a zuiko on another zuiko, and using a
step-up ring you can connect this to your digicam......

I've had all sorts of fun playing with these things ;)

I find a 50mm/1.4 reversed onto a 100mm/2.8 is a nice combination.  With the
100mm set to closest focus you get nearly 2.5X magnification with almost no
vignetting even at minimum aperture.  A 20mm extension tube takes you up to 3X.

Because you are only using the reversed lens as a close-up dioptre you still
have your automatic diaphragm and open aperture meter coupling - great fun!

David

The Information contained in this e-mail and any
subsequent correspondence is private and is intended
solely for the intended recipient(s).  For those
other than the intended recipient any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.