[OM] FW: olympus-digest V2 #3066

Subject: [OM] FW: olympus-digest V2 #3066
From: David Lee <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:17:21 -0000
From: <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  Matteson, David wrote:
 >>
 >> I have an OM-PC and it does not have a cable attachment to run a flash
 >> off of the camera, it only has a hot shoe. I was wondering if I have my T32
 >> in
>> the hot shoe can I run another T32 with the cable attachment? I am just
>> curious. If I could it would be a way around the limitation.
>
> Try it and see. Will probably even work with the shoe T32 turned off.

The circuit diagram of the T32 shows the TTL connector is simply wired in
parallel with the hot shoe so using the two together is just like using a
multiconnector.

I've just acquired a T20 TTL connector and had a play - off camera - plugging
my T20 into the TTL connector of my T32.  It seems that the output of both
flashes is controlled by either.  Setting the T20 to manual and the T32 to
auto; both flashes are controlled by the T32 sensor and vice versa.  Setting
the T32 to the half power manual setting appears to fire the T20 at half power
also (certainly the recycling time of the T20 is exactly halved).  If you set
both flashes to auto then whichever flash detects a completed exposure turns
off both.