Re: [OM] 35mm, f2 on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm, f2 on eBay
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:27:29 -0600
> Copies of the original emails available on request, if you'd like to
ensure
> my veracity. :-) Note that the auction then ran, unedited, until 1/21, as
> well as being relisted as Johnny noted below, with the "mistake" intact.
All
> that I *know* he did was to remove the high reserve when re-listing. I
> didn't catch it early enough to see if he re-tried the outrageous Buy It
> Now.

If there is a reserve price, the Buy It Now (BIN) option remains
until the _reserve_ is met otherwise, it only remains until the first bid
meeting the minimum is made.

Either the minimum bid (in this case a reasonable $0.01)
is made OR the reserve (if present) must be met before BIN disappears.

The reserve has not been met and, there is no BIN option showing.
Therefore, he did not use BIN this time.

Check out the bid history.
There's already been one retracted bid due to that "error".
I don't know if that was anyone from here or not - I haven't checked.
Perhaps a few more bids and retractions... :-)

Jon