Re: [OM] Zuiko 24mm/2.8 vs 28mm/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 24mm/2.8 vs 28mm/2.8
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 04:50:11 -0800
Ahh.. screw it..  I'm going to bite BOTH bullets.  I'm going to order the
Zuiko 24mm/f2.8 AND the Tokina 28mm/f2.8.  When I get the Tokina, I'll do
Side-by-Side comparisons of the line pair charts for you all... That way, I
can answer that annoying question of sharpness of the Zuiko 28mm vs. the
Tokina.

I really like my 50mm/f1.8, it's a GREAT lens and so affordable too!  It's
got a 49mm filter, and that is why I like most of the Zuiko stuff, 49mm
filter will fit most pretty easily, my Zuiko 28mm, the 24mm/2.8 and the
Tokina 28mm/2.8 are all 49mm's also, where as the Tamron 24mm is not, and
not as compact.  The common threadsize will help to keep costs down when I
buy filters..

The Zuiko 28mm is a 6 lens-6 group, while the Tokina is a 5 lens - 5 group.
I different that plays out as far as things like flare etc...  I suspect the
Tokina will have less flare due to fewer elements...

I am planning a trip to the Sequoia National Park (in case anybody cares why
I'm on a wide-angle lens rampage)..  I want something that will fit a
redwood into the picture (most of the redwood) and give me faithful colors
and edge to edge sharpness...

Thanks John for the suggestions..

Albert