[OM] Refixing Zuiko lens rubber grips

Subject: [OM] Refixing Zuiko lens rubber grips
From: David Lee <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:47:57 -0000
Hi Guys,

I have what is probably a common problem with my 50mm/3.5 macro.  The rubber
focussing grip is coming loose from the lens barrel.  Fortunately it's not
stretched and so can simply be glued back.  I believe that rubber cement is the
recommended adhesive so can anyone suggest a suitable product that I can get
hold of in the UK?  Also how should I apply it - replace the rubber over wet
adhesive or coat both lens barrel and ring and wait until the adhesive is
almost dry (as in bicycle puncture repair)?  I'm assuming that excess adhesive
will be easy to rub off around the edges once it has dried.

I'd rather not just experiment as the lens is too good to mess up so I want to
make a neat job of it and be sure that the repair is reversible in case the
rubber needs to be removed again for service!

Cheers

David

The Information contained in this e-mail and any
subsequent correspondence is private and is intended
solely for the intended recipient(s).  For those
other than the intended recipient any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.