[OM] OM4 and the exposure compensation dial

Subject: [OM] OM4 and the exposure compensation dial
From: "Wright, Steve \(Darlington\)" <Steve.Wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:16:45 -0000
Hi Fellow Zuiks!

Does anyone else have this problem...

Having set the film speed to, say, 100 ASA, you take a frame, then take
subsequent frames with + 1, then + 2 stops compensation.  You then look at
the ASA indicator and it now reads 400 ASA - or anything other than 100
ASA!! So the frames you gave extra compensation to have been negated and
actually under exposed!  Yes, I know I should check, which I did for some
night photography last Saturday, but on Sunday, I was on a tidal river bed
photographing a bridge and got carried away (not literally, of course!) by
watching out for the slippery/sinking sands.  When I packed my gear away
back on dry land I noticed the error. I walked away muttering, "complete
idiot", " total waste of time", "check, check and double check!" etc. I'll
eventually learn.

Re 'kazuya matsumoto's Japanese prices' - I know we have to convert to £GBP
then add a 17.5% tax, but are we getting shafted in the UK on retail prices
or what?

Steve

N E England
UK