Re: [OM] 28mm vs. 24mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm vs. 24mm
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:40:42 +0100
On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 12:40:03PM -0800, Olympus wrote:
> I have a 28mm f/2.8 right now.  It's just so so IMHO.  I'm wondering, am I
> missing that much from having a28mm vs. a 24mm??  I will be doing a lot of
> traveling, maybe backpacking through Europe, and I'm wondering if the extra
> 9 degrees will buy me all that much...  I mean enough for me to take a loss
> on a trade from 28mm to 24mm.
>
> Good trade or no?

No way to give a general answer to this question:

What other lenses do You wan`t to take with you? - How many lenses do you
wan`t to carry?
In general you`ll alway`s find somehting to shoot where you`d want a wider
angel.
Until you have such a lens you don`t realize that it is panorama or shift- what
you want.
because a wider angel is needing more attention in composing you`r shoots.

Frieder Faig