Re: [OM] OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:00:57 -0400

Frank van Lindert wrote:

> Hi Wayne.
>
> I have described my (simple) solution to this problem on this list, I
> guess about three years ago. No filing needed, but a reversible
> modification (not voiding the warranty).

Thanks. This has saved me a lot of filing (and other related problems,
like severe brassing maybe?). One should always ask here before getting
out the file, hammer, cold chisel, etc.

> : All it took was exactly three minutes...

I timed it, took me five minutes, so don't believe everything you read
here :-)  Maybe its my age.

> and now the OM2000 is free of
> : the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has twelve
> : months of warranty - I didn't even have to open the camera body.

If they wanted a shutter lock, which I'm not sure why anyone would,
they'd have done better to copy the one from the Yashica GSN.

Thanks again, Wayne