Re: [OM] OM2000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:03:30 +0100
: But there is one aggravating problem, the shutter lock! Has anyone tried
: filing off that piece that hooks into the shutter button, so that one
: can release the thing without the wind lever sticking in your face? Or
: is it more complicated than that?  Wayne

I found this mail in my archives from Frank v.L.:

>I made the modification needed to have the shutter being no longer
>blocked by the winder switch in rest position.
>I have never made any modification this easy, and what is more
>important it is completely reversible.
>
>You only need to deassemble the winder switch (by unscrewing the tiny
>Phillips screw on the bottomside of the handle) and taking temporarily
>away the next three parts sitting around its axis.
>Then the blocking ring is visible on top and the only thing I did was
>turn it upside down, making sure that the little protuberance in the
>ring which would normally shift under the shutter points to the back
>rather than to the front (maybe I should say to eight o'clock instead
>of ten o'clock)
>After that you can reassemble the winder switch exactly as it was
>before. The little protuberance now lies almost exactly under the
>winder handle.
>All it took was exactly three minutes... and now the OM2000 is free of
>the annoying Nikon inherited eye-threatener. And it still has twelve
>months of warranty - I didn't even have to open the camera body.
>
>Frank van Lindert

hnz