Re: [OM] Flights to Amsterdam

Subject: Re: [OM] Flights to Amsterdam
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 01:58:17 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Jon Mitchell wrote:

> Hi All,

<SNIP>

> So my question is, does anyone have any experience of Airport security from
> Heathrow to Amsterdam and back again.  I've heard a lot of talk in here
> about US airport security and the rights you have to have your film
> hand-checked, but is there such a thing for the airports I will be
> encountering ?

I haven't been flying between these airpors recently, but I can tell you
that in other major airports in Europe, I have had airport security people
refuse point-blank to hand-check films...to the point where we had an
almost-serious-argument along the lines of "either they go through the
xray or you go with that angry-looking officer there..."

> Will they have the same strength of damaging x-ray machines

Well, I have had films damaged through this, so I'd say yes.

<SNIP>

--thomas