Re: [OM] Removing strap lug from Winder 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Removing strap lug from Winder 1
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:29:07 -0800
Mike,

I have this in my notes.  Originally posted by Lars Haven:

"Another modification is to remove the strap eyelet.  It is located
uncomfortably for people with large hands.  It is relatively easy to
remove when the lower part of the winder has been removed as in step 2
above.  The proceed by removing the screw by the strap eyelet.  Now the
metal strip with the strap eyelet can be removed.  remove the strap
eyelet from the metal strip with a hacksaw or make a copy without the
eyelet.  The replace the metal strip.  It is needed to keep the upper
and lower parts of the winder together."

The "Step 2" alluded to is as follows:

"Remove the lower part of the winder.  It is held in place by four
screws along the seam between the upper and lower part.  Leave the screw
by the strap eyelet in place."

Lars had a web page on OM equipment modifications, but I couldn't get it
to come up tonight.

HTH,

Bill Stanke