RE: [OM] OM-3

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-3
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:08:19 -0800 (PST)
> I'm almost with you, here, but get a 3 or 4 cold enough (I
> guess this
> applies to the 2S as well) and watch the LCD display virtually
> disappear on
> you. (schnozz can probably testify to this fact, living in the
> arctic as he
> does.)

I usually reach my thermo (or lack of) limit long before the LCD
displays do.

Actually, I have a nifty little trick.  I use these chemical
hand-warmers which I rubber-band to the camera/winder to keep
the batteries from croaking.

When it is really cold, a non-winterized lens gets too stiff to
focus.  If the focus ring is too tight you can't get a good
enough grip with the mittens or the rubber focus grip starts
spinning loose on you.  Who knows about the aperature.

The best winter trick for your camera, though, is a vacation in
Florida.

AG-brrrrr-Schnozz