[OM] [ot] email woes no more!

Subject: [OM] [ot] email woes no more!
From: Acer/Siddiq <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:34:52 -0800
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1/14/02 3:07:11 AM, Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Yo Acer,
>
>have you tried manually configuring Norton AV for your mail client?
>It' s easy if you know how, the problem is that the NAV documentation
>is not really good with respect to this.
>
>1. In NAV, under Options, Email Protection, Advanced, mark "Enable
>Manual Configuration".
>
>2. In your email client, make your pop server "pop3.norton.antivirus".
>
>3. In your email client, add a "/" and the name of your pop server
>(the one replaced with "pop3.norton.antivirus" above) to your pop user
>name) - e.g. "username/pop.xyz.xyz".
>
>This should work for any POP3-client (using Forté Agent here myself,
>highly recommended if you want to move to another client after all).

Eureka! it works! so THAT'S what Manual config checkbox is for :) thanks for
the heads up, it was VERY
helpful. thanks also to Brian and Scott who also sent offlist help, ultimately
Volkhart's method fixed it w/o
me having to switch software (i love opera!).

i love this list!

/A/S
--
dum spiro, spero