[OM] RE: Probably the last note on the helicopter pilot

Subject: [OM] RE: Probably the last note on the helicopter pilot
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:19:00 -0500
Thanks to all who have offered their wishes for my son's further
recovery.  This morning I was relaying the news about his loss of flight
status to a co-worker and was sounding a bit down in the mouth.  He just
looked at me and said:  "You should keep in mind that he's still here."
That brought my up short and cheered me up substantially.

I've never told the full story here since it's very long but he is still
here and it's due to a succession of about six miracles. Since the
difference between life and death was about 20 minutes he'd very
certainly be dead without either of the six.  For starters, how do you
fall 205 feet and not get killed?  Or, how do you fall into 98 gallons
of your own jet fuel with a hot engine and electrical system and not
start a fire?  When you've crashed in mountainous, forested wilderness
how do you get found?  There are more but I'll stop here.

Cheers all,
Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA