Re: [OM] Euro character was...Can anyone price this lot for me ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Euro character was...Can anyone price this lot for me ?
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:06:48 +0100
it's getting a maze now:

Chris Barker wrote:

I use Eudora, so I don't know what sort of coding it carries out on non-ASCII text. On the other hand .... perhaps the question mark was your poor email client wondering at a strange new character??

I think the € came out fine from my posting because nutscrape told me to change charset - which I did. It didn't tell me to which one though...I just tried the *Mitteleuropäisch...ones and when I found *Windows1250 nutscrape didn't complain any more.

*But :))

in the quotings it went back to *little star....

Seriously though, my computer showed me the Euro mark (¤) well enough, so I wonder what translating is going on ...

and I'm quite used to MAC-users trying to persuade me to buy myself an apple. Especially the new lamp - shaped one.

Maybe you can set your charset to *windozefakeset? ;))

SCNR
Doro