Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:38:44 -0600
At 02:12 AM 1/11/2002 -0800, you wrote:
Doesn't anybody crop and make prints the shape of the image of interest anymore?

To the degree that the so-called "rule of thirds" is a natural way of seeing and composing, the 35mm frame size utilizes it very well, stretching the thirds either horizonally or vertically, depending on the orientation one prefers for the composition. Which is one of the reasons I think the format prevails as it does. I really think this is a natural rather than a learned preference, although this could be debated endlessly ...

Joel W.