Re: [OM] OT: Re: Yahoo Mail and HTML

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Re: Yahoo Mail and HTML
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:35:30 -0600
<stuff deleted>
> Maybe so, but when html mail is received here, it displays as coded
> text; to see it in html form, I must use a hot key to display it in
> Netscape. And yet, some mail that others complain comes through as html
> displays here as plain text. As Yul Brenner said, It is mystery.

Not really.  For those of you who care (exactly nobody), the code is
"uuencoded" ASCII.

It was developed to send programs (images, anything) via the mail
between unix systems and translates anything to 7-bit ASCII
(aka "plain text") - so that it can be sent as mail and decoded
(uudecode) on the other end which, it what pressing the hot key does for
you.

Jon
(Former Motorola Corporate Email distributed network administrator)

"Look!  It's just email!"
"Why don't you just phone the guy across the hall you were sending it to
and tell him what you wanted  - instead of calling me to ask why it hasn't
arrived yet?"