[OM] 1.4 converter on Tamron 2.8/300 lens

Subject: [OM] 1.4 converter on Tamron 2.8/300 lens
From: Roland Jakel <RJakel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:02:44 +0100
Cc: "'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Roland,
>
>Are you sure?  I just acquired a Tamron 300/2.8 and my Zuiko 1.4 converter
>pops right on.  No problem.
>
>Best,
>
>Greg L.

Hi Greg,

yes, I am absolutely sure, since I checked it directly with
my Zuiko 1.4 converter and a 2.8/300 demo lens at Tamron europe
headquarter in Köln/Germany.

It is interesting to hear that it works with your lens. You also
have the Adaptall-2 adapter for OM on your Tamron lens? Or does
Tamron offer a different system in your country? Please send me
the serial numbers of your lens/adapter/converter, I would like
to crosscheck here with Tamron. That the 1.4 converter did not
work, was a big argument for me not to acquire the lens. If
it works, it is a big advantage. Problem is the the lens
group of the 1.4 converter comes out of the bajonett and its
diameter is too big to fit into the hole of the Tamron lens.

What is your experience with the image quality of the lens?

Thanks,
Roland