Re: [OM] Camera design question

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera design question
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:40:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Albert wrote:

> But if in 35mm, something like a Zuiko 50/1.2 that stops down to F32, Bulb -
> 1/1000th, it would go sooo compact it's not funny.  I'd be happy with
> something like the 50mm/1.8 because it's so small..  But the focal plane is
> moved up quite a bit...
>
> Hmm.. you think Olympus would be interested in designing something like
> this?  hehehe.. yeah, I didn't think so either..  Hmm.. I'm wondering how
> hard this would actually be to design, not too many parts involved it looks
> like...

You may be a few years behind events - Olympus stopped making the 35RD
in about 1978.  40mm f/1.7 lens, leaf shutter, B, 1/2-1/500s auto/manual
exposure, rangefinder, very compact.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |