[OM] Fwd: M-1(Here, Now!)

Subject: [OM] Fwd: M-1(Here, Now!)
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 19:11:15 +0000

From: AndyJRadcliffe@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 04:54:08 EST
Subject: M-1(Here, Now!)
To: owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well , my "new" M-1 has finally made it's eagerly awaited appearance - always a bit nerve wracking unpacking something and all the time hoping that you're not going to be bitterly disappointed...... Fortunately, I certainly wasn't, the only cosmetic fault being the slight dent below the frame counter window - luckily not on the top or end corners but a "soft" dent on a flat face which after a little "reworking" is now all but invisible.(Being a toolmaker in an "earlier life" has it's uses after all.!) While the top was off all it's crappy old foam came out and the new prism (from a "parts" OM-1n) went in - hey presto! Even the reported sporadic wind-on lock up seems to have disappeared on it's long (and very slow- over two weeks) journey here but it will still be going for a full service when I can afford it (I used the money I allocated to buy my film scanner with to get the M-1 so I'll have to wait a while for that too, I guess (sob!) Sorry, but just wanted to tell someone how" over the moon" I am - my long-suffering wife gave it the"very nice, but isn't it just like the OM-1, OM-1n etc, etc treatment" so I think it's maybe a bit wasted on her?? So are the niceties of various electric basses, the Mercedes G-Wagen(now that really IS something!) and any of my other "toys"!

Regards,

Andy.