Re: [OM] OM-4 problems - help

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 problems - help
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:12:15 EST
Yes.
OM-4s are battery finicky. Any weak batteries, even though they may tesk
'good' cause problems. You must use only brand new guaranteed strong
batteries that haven't been lying around, and ONLY silver-oxides, not
alkaline versions. Some OM-4s with the old electronic circuit, are battery
eaters. You may be able to have your circuit switched to the newer circuit.
Also- do all 'testing' of the meter or exposure with either film loaded or
the small piece of cardboard 'test' paper in place. (That's the piece of Lt
grey or brown paper that came with the camera and you probably put away in a
very safe place, so safe that you can't locate it now!).

George S.