Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70mm, or YashicaMAT 124G?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-70mm, or YashicaMAT 124G?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 07:22:03 -0800
Albert,

Some heretical thoughts.

If you are thinking about it, do it. You never know where these things will go. This may be the first step in moving to a new format. Or you will get it out of your system.

I read advice once to someone agonizing over whether to spend the money to move to the quality of Leica and the advisor agreed that he may get a small improvement in his quality by spending the money, but that the same money would buy an enormous improvement in quality by spending it on medium format. The transparencies will knock your out.

The TLR will expand the way you see things. Square format is VERY different. Looking down into top of the camera is very different. I found it to be slower and much more contemplative to use a TLR. Fun just to look through. Picture taking not always required.

One advantage is the ability to see over the top of a crowd. The viewer is a periscope, after all.

One disadvantage is that your hobby is about to get substantially more expensive.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California