[OM] OM-2n Auto exposure problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2n Auto exposure problem
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:03:31 -0800
I am wondering if anyone has run into this before. Pulled the 2n out to
do some shooting today and ran into a problem I don't recall having ever
experienced before. The OM2n is having problems with auto exposure only.
When on AE the shutter will stay open for a long period of time (over 10
seconds.) If one flips the switch to manual the shutter closes. If one
points the camera toward a very bright light it will also close. The
camera appears to function fine in manual mode (I will know more when I
process the roll of film I had in the camera.) Batteries checked as
good, and I swapped them with my OM-4T batteries with no change.
Batteries in both cameras are eveready 357s. I will most likely wind up
sending this in for a CLA, but I was wondering if anyone had any
suggestions as to something I may have missed before I did.

--
Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA