[OM] Lens hood + wide angle lenses question

Subject: [OM] Lens hood + wide angle lenses question
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 13:43:58 -0800
I took some pictures that came out bad, due to quite a bit of stray light,
so I bought a rubber lens hood yesterday.  It doesn't obstruct my 50mm at
all, and looking through my 28mm, the lens hood doesn't seem to obstruct it
either, BUT I get this feeling that the hood is not designed for the 28mm,
and so; even though I don't see it in the view finder, and the angle of the
28mm is narrow enough not to be covered by the lens hood;

Question::

Will it effect my shots in a negative way, like distort my shot??  Again,
there is no blockage, but I get that feeling like it will effect it...

Thanks.
Albert