Re: [OM] Re: 24-exp versus 36 exp debate.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 24-exp versus 36 exp debate.
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:45:00 +0000
I always use 36 rolls, just because I can't bear to spend more pennies
per shot than I absolutely have to (I'm a student:)).  It's so rare that
I put a 24 roll in that the last time I did I had 20 minutes of
unpleasant panic when the camera wouldn't wind on after 27 shots.  If I
need to change film mid-roll I just wind back, leave the leader out,
fold it to remind me I've used some of the film, and write the number of
frames used on the film cassette.

Using the film again, I've found that shooting at 1/1000s, f/22, lens
cap on and hand over the lens cap prevents any double exposures, and I
usually shoot just one extra blank - I've never had overlap.

Roger