[OM]Cold & Slow?

Subject: [OM]Cold & Slow?
From: nrky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 14:32:14 -0600
Hi All,

Was out last night taking pix of the moonrise of the last day/night
of  2001 with my trusty -1, and was flabbergasted at the fact that
when set on 1 second, the shutter would stay open for ~3 seconds...
the 1/2 second, 1/4 and 1/8 second speeds were off as well... it sounded
fine as soon as you got up to 1/15th, but all of these speeds were
fine before (in warmer wx -- the body was out in 10~15ºf wx for about
45 minutes on a tripod before being used, so was pretty cold) Ended
up using bulb and timing it that way...I can't check the speeds in the
house right now, as I still have a 1/2 a roll left to shoot, and the wife
wants some shots of the kids so she can fill up some frames she bought...

I thought that cold wx was another place where Oly shined...this body had
CLA a little less than a year ago so I'm confused...maybe I should have
used
the -10, never had a problem with it in the cold (other than fogging of
the lens)
*provided I have fresh batteries in it*&

Bill  >; P
(Owner of only "crappy" Zuiks, no stellars and can still take pix)
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.